Our volunteers and interns are self-funded bringing with them their own living expenses and donations. We encourage anyone who wants to join us to do some fundraising before they arrive.
We offer volunteering opportunities from anything from one day to three months. We are an incredibly flexible organization and volunteering with us gives you the chance to really make a difference in the communities we work with.
Our busiest season is at the end of the year (November-December). We benefit the most from volunteers during this time. During this time we encourage our volunteers to live on site in the communities in a home-stay environment or in our guest house.
Common Volunteer/Intern Activities:
- Assisting our Volunteer Coordinator with the management of the one day volunteers & outreach
- Teaching English as a second language
- Assisting teams in sport for development (SFD)
- Visiting families (outreach program)
- Conducting research in refugee communities
- Assisting with trainings in ICT
- Training the youth in peace and conflict, health, sexual gender based violence (SGBV), human/refugee rights, etc.
- Visiting and conducting research on refugees in the camps
Research builds local capacity. Many times non-profit organizations are stretched thin with small budgets and volunteer staff. If you are interested in conducting research with YARID, please keep this in mind. Due to high demand, we have set up an application and review process to ensure all research conducted thru and with YARID benefits both the organization's mission and a student's interests.